• 3 pound beef cubed
• 5 large onions fine chopped
• 2 cup of vegetable oil
• 5 teaspoons minced or powder garlic
• 2 teaspoons minced or powder ginger
• 1-2 teaspoon of authentic Ethiopian Tumeric
• 2 teaspoon Alicha Kimem
• 2 teaspoon salt (as needed)
• ½ cup of water
1. In large pot, simmer onion and garlic with vegetable oil till lightly brown.
2. Add tumeric and continue to simmer for about 15 minutes at low heat and stirring occasionally. 3. Add beef and water, let it simmer until beef is done, then finish off by adding Alicha Kimem and salt.
4. Serve hot with Injera (Ethiopian flat bread made of teff).