They will look like flat peanuts, and are served as a snack or with cocktails; and like peanuts, once you start eating them you can’t stop.
• 1/2 tsp. Salt
• 2 tbs. Sugar
• 1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper
• 1/4 cup oil.
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
1. In a 1-quart bowl:
2. Mix the flour and Knead together and add WATER, spoonful by spoonful, to form a stiff dough. Knead dough for 5 minutes longer.
3. Tear off a piece the size of a golf ball.
4. Roll it out with palms of hands on a lightly floured board into a long strip 1/2 inch thick. 5. Snip into 1/2-inch pieces with scissors.
6. Spread about a handful of the pieces on an ungreased 9-inch frying pan (or enough to cover bottom of pan). Cook over heat until uniformly light brown on all sides, stirring up once in a while as you go along.
7. Continue until all are light brown.