Red chicken stew
5-8 pounds of chicken drumsticks and thighs skinned and cleaned
8 large onions fine chopped
2 cup of vegetable oil
5 teaspoons minced or powder garlic
2 teaspoons minced or powder ginger
1/2 cup of authentic Ethiopian Berbere(more to make spicier)
1/4 cup of Paprika for redness
2 teaspoon Korerima
2 teaspoon Wot Kimem (Mekelesha)
2 teaspoon salt (as needed)
1-3 cup of water
1. In large pot, simmer onion, garlic and ginger with vegetable oil till lightly brown.
2. Add Berbere and Paprika, continue to simmer for about 15-20 minutes at low heat stirring occasionally by adding a touch of water as needed to avoid sticking.
3. Add chicken and simmer until chicken is done while adding the remaining water as needed.
4. Finish of simmering by add salt, Koreria, Wot kimem (Mekelesha).
5. Serve hot with Injera (Ethiopian flat bread made of teff).