Looking for that perfect side? Beet Salad Recipe is just what you’re looking for
• 1 pound beets
• 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
• Juice of 1 lemon
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• Large pinch of cinnamon
• 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
• Salt to taste
1. Wash the beets well, being careful not to break their skins.
2. Cut off the tops, leaving a stalk of about 1 1/2 inches.
3. Boil, covered, until tender.
4. Allow the water to cool, then slip off the skins, trim off the tops, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
5. Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over beets.
6. Let marinate 1hour before serving. Makes about 2 cups.
7. Beet Salad II
8. Prepare as described above, but add 1 teaspoon orange flower water,
9. 1/8 teaspoon cumin, a pinch of paprika, and a little water to the sauce.