Nigerian fresh fish stew is a healthy stew that is cooked with fresh fish, tomatoes, peppers and spices.
• 1lb fresh fish
• 4 peppers, ground
• 1 dessert spoon of tomato puree
• 1 dessert spoon of dried shrimp, ground
• 4 medium sized onions, ground or sliced
• 4 fresh tomatoes, ground
• 6 kpakpo shito
• 1?2pt water
• 1?4pt palm oil or cooking oil
• 1 clove garlic, ground
• ginger, ground
• salt to taste
1. Clean, cut fish into steaks and wash with lime or lemon, rinse in water and season with garlic, ginger and salt.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan, fry ground onions, pepper and tomatoes for a few minutes.
3. Add ground fry shrimps and fresh tomatoes and allow to simmer until cooked.
4. Add water, allow to boil for 5 minutes and add the seasoned fresh fish and sliced onions.
5. Simmer gently until fish is cooked.
6. Serve hot with banku, kenkey, etc.