Cooking Time: 1 Hour 30 Minutes
• 2lb Ground Beef
• 1tsp Tenderizer
• 1tsp lemon juice
• 1lrg eggs, Slightly Beaten
• 1cup onions, Finely Chopped
• 1tsp salt
• 1tsp Black or cayenne pepper
• 1dsh garlic powder
• 1tsp Ground nutmeg
• 11/2tbl all-purpose flour
• 1/2cup Cooking oil
• 1 med Onion, Sliced
• 1cup tomato Sauce
• 1 med tomato, Peeled and Sliced
• 1Green pepper, Sliced
1. In a large mixing bowl combine ground Beef with tenderizer, lemon juice, egg, onions, salt, choice of pepper, garlic, and nutmeg.
2. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes to set and permit seasonings to mingle.
3. Form about a dozen tablespoon-size balls of the seasoned Beef.
4. Spread flour on a plate and roll each ball in flour to coat.
5. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
6. When oil is ready a toothpick or bread crumb dropped into the skillet will quickly sizzle and begin to brown.
7. Brown all sides of meatballs evenly while using a metal spoon for turning.
8. When meat is finished browning, remove from the skillet with a slotted metal spoon.