Another type of groundnut soup
1 cup groundnut paste
8oz smoked fish
3 medium sized tomatoes
6 chopped shallots 3 garden eggs (optional)
2 medium sized onions
4pts cold water
1 clove garlic, ground
pepper and salt to taste
1. Put groundnut paste in a cooking pot, add 1 pint of water, and mix until smooth and pouring.
2. Bring to the boil, stir occasionally until it coats the back of the wooden spoon and oil collects at the top.
3. Cut meat into pieces, wash and put into a coking pot. Season with salt, chopped shallots and garlic.
4. Add a little water, bring to the boil.
5. Allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Mix the cooked groundnut paste with the rest of the water and add to the meat.
7. Add washed vegetables (tomatoes, pepper and onions) and cook until soft.
8. Prepare and add the fish.
9. Remove the vegetables from soup, grind and return the paste to soup.
10. Allow to simmer for about 1 hour. Serve hot with boiled yam, rice, fufu, etc.