The Chicken Mushroom Stew has a light, fresh taste with an earthy undertone from the mushrooms.
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 medium Onion, sliced
garlic powder to taste
1 medium green pepper, sliced
1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
2 large ripe tomatoes, quartered
1 cup water or vegetable stock
1/4 pound Mushrooms
1. Season Chicken with lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper, and a little watts to moisten.
2. Place in a large saucepan and add rosemary.
3. Cook gently for 10 minutes. In a large skillet, heat oil.
4. Brown Chicken on each side in oil.
5. Remove Chicken, strain oil, and wash skillet.
6. Return oil to skillet and lightly brown flour, then stir in sliced onions, to make gravy.
7. Cook for 5 minutes.
8. Stir in remaining vegetables.
9. Add water and pour gravy over browned Chicken.
10. Cover and cook slowly for 30 minutes.
11. Stir once or twice.
12. Stew is ready when oil begins to form on top and sauce is slightly thickened. Cooking time: 1 1/2 hour