Oxtail is a bony, gelatin-rich meat, which is usually slow-cooked as a stew or braised.
2 medium-size oxtails, or 1 head of goat cut into 2-inch pieces
1 tablespoon flour
1 teaspoon tenderizer (optional)
1/4 cup cooking oil
1 teaspoon rosemary
2 tablespoons tomato paste
salt and pepper to taste
Dash of chili powder (optional)
1 medium Onion, chopped
4 carrot sticks, cut into 2-inch pieces
2 cups water
1. Season oxtail with tenderizer, rosemary, salt, and pepper, and 1 tablespoon of the onions.
2. Add 1 cup of the water and cook slowly for 1 hour in a pot with a tight-fitting lid.
3. In a skillet, brown flour in oil, then add remaining onions, tomato paste, and chili powder. 4. Cook for 10 minutes.
5. Add carrot sticks.
6. Pour sauce over cooked meat, cover again, and simmer for another hour.
7. Stir constantly to avoid sticking.
Cooking time: 2 hours