The term “fool” (also Egyptian for lentils) comes from the English & means essentially a fruit puree folded into a soft custard or whipped cream.
• 1 cup strawberries cut in quarters
• 1/2 cup CONFECTIONERS’ Sugar
• 1 cup heavy cream with
• 3-4 Tbs. port or Madeira WINE
1. Sprinkle Sugar over strawberries cut in quarters in a bowl.
2. Beat: cream with Madeira WINE and 1/4 cup Sugar until stiff.
3. Fold whipped cream into strawberries.
4. Pile high in footed sherbet glasses.
5. Garnish each with one whole strawberry.