Yam Balls (English)
1 chunky slice of yam
1 cup of seasoned breadcrumbs (You can season this with maggi)
1 small piece of fish
1/2 teaspoon of dry pepper
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 tablespoon of butter
Oil for deep frying
1. Peel and boil the yam till very soft
2. Whisk the egg in a bowl and set aside
3. Mash the fish as well and set aside
4. Mash(Pound) the yam with the butter, salt and pepper.
5. Grab a little yam and place a bit of the mashed fish in the middle and roll into a ball.
6. Dip in the egg and coat with breadcrumbs and set aside.
7. In hot oil, Deep fry the yam balls till golden brown.
8. Serve with a pepper sauce mix, peri peri sauce or as a stand alone appetizer.