Boiled Yam is an easy and fast yam recipe. If you can boil egg, then preparing this recipe is no big deal. It is prepared without any added ingredients thereby leaving you with a wide range of sauces and stews to eat it with. Boiled yam can be eaten with Tomato Stew, Vegetable Sauce, Pepper Sauce, fried egg or egg omelette.
• White Yam – As much as you can eat.
• Salt to taste (Optional)
1. Cut the yam tuber into 1 inch slices.
2. Peel and cut the slices into half moons. You can leave it circular if you want. This does not make a difference to the recipe at all.
3. Wash the slices, place in a pot and pour water to cover the contents.
4. Boil till the yam is soft. This is when you can easily drive a fork into the slices without resistance.
5. Add salt and leave to cook for about 2 minutes. This is so that the salt will seep into the yam slices.
6. Turn off the heat and drain the water.